I have recently been exploring combining traditional strength and conditioning circuits and “NASAL” breathing to improve CO2 tolerance, cardiac output, mood, and mental clarity. I’m excited about this combination. And it’s a great fit for your #athomeworkouts and/or #vacationworkouts as well.
Here’s what you’re gonna need:
- Comfortable/clear space
- Maybe something for the back of your head/neck?
- A book…you don’t like:)
- A wall
Here’s what you’re gonna do:
Warm-up with my Longevity Daily Practice "Your STACK and EXHALE!" https://youtu.be/QD8ZwYjfCI4
This circuit consists of 3 exercises. The goal is to maintain a “STACKED” position…your head over your shoulders, over your hips…throughout and NASAL breathe for the entire 15-minute session.
💥 Remember: CO2 builds up much faster while moving versus at rest! So, if you need a break (need to exhale out your mouth), do so and let your heart rate come down.
If you have a heart rate monitor, this would be a great time to wear it. The goal is to maintain anywhere from 120 - 140bpm. If you don’t have one, no worries, just monitor your perceived exertion. If 1 is sitting on the couch and 10 is a MAX effort. Keep it around a 5/6. Approximately:) Of course, STOP! if something hurts or you don’t feel well at any point.
Let’s MOVE! Running Clock: 15 continuous min or 3(5min) intervals with 1 min rest in between each round.
1) SQUATTY SQUATS x 10 reps - Heels elevated - Tall through upper back/neck - Subtle TUCK of your hips (gently pull back pockets to heels) - NASAL EXHALE/REACH: forward/down (GET ABS!) - NASAL INHALE: down - NASAL EXHALE: up 2) BEAR PUSH-UPS x 10 - Feet flexed/as much as possible against wall - Knees under hips - Hands under shoulders and a bit wider - Subtle TUCK of your hips (gently pull back pockets to heels) (DON’T CRUNCH!)
- NASAL EXHALE: push floor away with upper back, shoulders, and arms (GET ABS!)
✔️ Knees hover above the floor during set! - NASAL INHALE: down - NASAL EXHALE: up
3) PULLOVER x 10
- Feet flat on the floor/Knees/Hips same line
- Subtle TUCK of your hips (low back kissing ground)
- NASAL EXHALE: grasping book on both ends, PRESS/REACH LONG (shoulder blades off the floor) (GET ABS!)
- NASAL INHALE: reach overhead comfortably (DON’T SHRUG!)
- NASAL EXHALE: pull back over chest Cool Down: Lie flat on your back, on the ground, and just let go. Let your body be heavy.
NASAL BREATHING: INHALE: 4sec/EXHALE: 4sec x 12
Notice how you feel afterward? Let me know what you think.
Dedicated to your health and longevity,
P.S. Curious and want to see if my training style is a good fit for you? Email me for a Complimentary Assessment & 1 Free Orientation Session. No gimmicks, no pressure, just a discussion about you! I want to help you move better and feel stronger. CLICK HERE to learn more.
If you know someone who would benefit from this newsletter, please feel free to forward them this email. Let's help others start to feel better and get back to doing the things they love to do! To sign up for my newsletter, please click HERE.”