Short on time, but need help to get moving and grooving in the morning? Then the latest version of my DAY BREAKER is for you:) This will help reduce stiffness and soreness, and get you moving and grooving BEFORE you go out and DO YOUR THING! I’ve discovered over the last four decades (that’s right!), that this QUICK and EFFECTIVE “body boost” will help keep your body robust, coordinated, and more resilient to injury over time. And if you’re as “beat up” as I am…then you’ll look forward to moving and feeling better afterwards. Because it feels good to FEEL GOOD! Here’s what you’re gonna need: -Comfortable/Clear space -Cushion/Pillow -Block/Book -Secure Upright Now GET MOVING!
1) ROCK BACK BREATHING - Find the MOST COMFORTABLE position based on your “body type”: 🤸♂️Loosey-Goosey: Just feel SUPER LOOSE and BENDY all over (TOP PHOTO) -LEFT knee forward -Palms down 🏋️ Super Stiff: Just feel STIFF all over (BOTTOM PHOTO)
-RIGHT knee forward -Cushion/Pillow behind your knees and under your elbows/forearms -Palms up - NASAL ONLY breathing for both! - LONG EXAGGERATED SILENT INHALE (NO NECK!) Then normal exhale out. - Pause (Breath normally in/out of your nose) - 8-12 breaths
2) PTS ROLLS -Lie on your RIGHT side - Feet/legs stacked. Arms straight but relaxed. BEST LAZY SELF!!! - Here’s what you’re gonna do: Start bottom-up. Each section spend approximately 2-3 min. Be EFFORTLESS! Should feel like you’re doing NOTHING! ✔️Pelvis/Hips (BLUE ARROW): Start with your TOP LEG bone. Slide it in/out of your back TOP hip pocket. Should feel a SUBTLE stretch in your back TOP hip pocket. Should feel NOTHING in low back! NO rolling!! ✔️Rib cage (RED ARROW): TOP thumb on sternum/Grasp BOTTOM SIDE rib cage. (Not shown in photo) - Slowly/Easily roll your rib cage BACKWARD. Should feel NOTHING in low back or base/top side neck!
✔️Shoulder (YELLOW ARROW): - Reach TOP ARM same length as BOTTOM ARM. - Palms together and touching. - Slide TOP ARM bone in/out of back TOP pocket behind your shoulder. Should feel a SUBTLE stretch in TOP upper back area. Should feel NOTHING in TOP SIDE neck! Just “let go” before each section. FULL MOUTH EXHALE to deflate. NASAL ONLY breathing during each movement!
3) HOOK LINE FULL MOUTH EXHALE - Lie on your back. Feet flat on the floor. Legs bent. Feet, knees, and hips same line. YOUR FULL MOUTH EXHALE: 🤸♂️ LONG SIGHING. 🏋️ LONG PURSED LIP. -EXHALE LONGER than normal -You should hear yourself clearly -You should be a bit uncomfortable by the end of the breath -8-12 breaths
4) 1/2 KNEELING BENT OVER: 5 breaths inside/outside of each leg
🤸♂️Loosey-Goosey: Start with LEFT leg forward (TOP PHOTO)
🏋️ Super Stiff: Start with RIGHT leg forward. DOWN KNEE ELEVATED! (BOTTOM PHOTO) 👣FRONT FOOT GROUND CONTACT: Drive the heel, knuckle of your big toe and pinky toe into the ground whilst keeping FRONT KNEE center of foot. -Opposite hand on block/book: PUSH into block or book, keeping your chest away. Look at down hand.
-PUSH HIPS BACK! (Think about opening a door behind you with your back pockets!) 🤸♂️Loosey-Goosey: NO TUCK! LONG SIGHING EXHALE!
🏋️ Super Stiff: SUBTLE TUCK of hips (Think about pulling the bottom of your back pockets to the back heel!) PURSED LIP EXHALE. ✔️When you get it right (and you will) you might feel the same side glute working on the front leg!
5) DYNAMIC BEAR:
-Start on all fours (Knees on the ground)
-Feet flexed. Knees under hips. Hands under soft elbows
-REACH your arms LONG without crunching or shrugging and EXHALE (Yours!)
-Keep KNEES UNLOCKED the entire time
-NASAL INHALE: Reach arms long and push hips backward and upward behind you PUSHING through your OUTSIDE PALM HEEL of each hand.
-YOUR EXHALE: Return to start
6) BENT OVER SINK SQUAT ISO
- Stand parallel and grasp a secure upright or kitchen sink;)
-Hands positioned below shoulders. SOFT ELBOWS!
-Keep KNEES UNLOCKED and over ankles the entire time!
-PUSH HIPS BACKWARD (Pretend you're opening a door behind you and keep it open!)
-Weight on heels, insteps, knuckle of big toes, and pinky toes the entire time.
-Hold this position and breath here for 5-7 breaths.
Make my DAY BREAKER part of your morning ritual and feel good to start your day!✌️❤️💪
Dedicated to your health and longevity, Mike
P.S. Curious and want to see if my training style is a good fit for you? Email me for a Complimentary Assessment & 1 Free Orientation Session. No gimmicks, no pressure, just a discussion about you! I want to help you move better and feel stronger. CLICK HERE to learn more.
If you know someone who would benefit from this newsletter, please feel free to forward them this email. Let's help others start to feel better and get back to doing the things they love to do! To sign up for my newsletter, please click HERE.