I’m gonna keep this short and sweet this week and get right into it with you. Here’s an amazing warm-up…a QUICK and EFFECTIVE routine before a walk, run, golf, tennis, or how about Pickle Ball…that you can practice anywhere, anytime. This will help reduce stiffness, soreness, and just get you moving and grooving BEFORE you go out and DO YOUR THING!
Here’s what you’re gonna need: -Comfortable/Clear space -Cushion/Pillow -Rolled/Knotted Towel -Timer
Now GET MOVING!
1) ROCK BACK BREATHING - Find the MOST COMFORTABLE position based on your “body type”:
🤸♂️Loosey-Goosey: Just feel SUPER LOOSE and BENDY all over (TOP PHOTO) -LEFT knee forward -Palms down
🏋️ Super Stiff: Just feel STIFF all over (BOTTOM PHOTO) -RIGHT knee forward
-Cushion/Pillow behind your knees and under your elbows/forearms -Palms up - NASAL ONLY breathing for both! - LONG EXAGGERATED SILENT INHALE (NO NECK!) Then normal exhale out. - Pause (Breath normally in/out of your nose) - 8-12 breaths
2) BODY ROLLS
🤸♂️Lying on your LEFT side 🏋️Lying on your RIGHT side
- Feet/legs stacked. Arms straight but relaxed. BEST LAZY SELF!!!
- Here’s what you’re gonna do: Start bottom up. Each section spend approximately 2-3 min. Be EFFORTLESS! Should feel like you’re doing NOTHING:)
✔️Pelvis/Hips (BLUE ARROW): Start with your TOP LEG bone. Slide it in/out of your back TOP hip pocket. Should feel a SUBTLE stretch in your back TOP hip pocket.
Should feel NOTHING in low back! NO rolling!!
✔️Rib cage (RED ARROW): TOP thumb on sternum/Grasp BOTTOM SIDE rib cage.
(Not shown in photo)
- Slowly/Easily roll your rib cage BACKWARD.
Should feel NOTHING in low back or base of your neck…or top side neck!
✔️Shoulder (YELLOW ARROW):
- Reach TOP ARM same length as BOTTOM ARM.
- Palms together and touching.
- Slide TOP ARM bone in/out of back TOP pocket behind your shoulder. Should feel a SUBTLE stretch in TOP shoulder blade area.
Should feel NOTHING in TOP SIDE neck!
Just “let go” before each section. FULL MOUTH EXHALE to deflate.
NASAL ONLY breathing during each movement.
Practice just to YOUR side!
3) HOOK LINE FULL MOUTH EXHALE (TOP PHOTO) - Lie on your back. Feet flat on the floor. Legs bent. Feet, knees, and hips same line. YOUR FULL MOUTH EXHALE: 🤸♂️ LONG SIGHING 🏋️ LONG PURSED LIP -EXHALE LONGER than normal -You should hear yourself clearly -You should be a bit uncomfortable by the end of the breath -8-12 breaths
4) BEAR ELBOWS (BOTTOM PHOTO)
-Feet relaxed. Knees under hips. Elbows a little wider than shoulders. Palms down.
-Push kneecaps into the floor. Gently push elbows into the floor. Push the ground away. NO CRUNCHING! -Hold this position and breathe here: YOUR FULL MOUTH EXHALE: same as above! -8-12 breaths
5) STANDING CHOPS
🤸♂️Start LEFT leg forward 🏋️Start RIGHT leg forward
-BOTH KNEES SOFT…BUT THEY DON’T BEND!
-FRONT KNEE OVER ANKLE!
-FULL MOUTH EXHALE: YOURS! (GET ABS!)
-INHALE: Reach your object of choice over same side shoulder as FRONT LEG
-EXHALE: Chop FAST/LOOSE down/across body and STOP ABRUPTLY at OPPOSITE SIDE POCKET
6) MARCH/SKIP x 1 min
Practice what you’re COMFORTABLE with! Be SAFE!
🤸♂️Move in multiple directions…EXPLORE!!!
-OPPOSITE Arm/Leg pattern
-Breathe ANYWAY you want…but BREATHE!
Notice how you feel afterwards?! You just got BETTER! Now go do YOUR THING! Dedicated to your health and longevity, Mike
P.S. Curious and want to see if my training style is a good fit for you? Email me for a Complimentary Assessment & 1 Free Orientation Session. No gimmicks, no pressure, just a discussion about you! I want to help you move better and feel stronger. CLICK HERE to learn more.
If you know someone who would benefit from this newsletter, please feel free to forward them this email. Let's help others start to feel better and get back to doing the things they love to do! To sign up for my newsletter, please click HERE.