MOVE and FEEL better anytime…anywhere? YES! If you’re SERIOUS about making ongoing, lifestyle changes to keep you strong and able to do the things you want to do and love...then this strength circuit is the vacation workout to bring with you!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Comfortable/clear space - Clock/timer
- Chair - Maybe a mat - Maybe a cushion or pillow for behind your neck/head. That’s it!
How’s your body? EXHALE/REACH like this:
🤸♂️Loosey - Goosey: LONG Sighing exhale (fogging a glass)/Reach arms straight up 🏋️ Super - Tight: Pursed Lip exhale (blowing out birthday candles)/Reach arms overhead
Here’s what you’re gonna do...(Warm-Up/Daily Restoration) 🧠 Practice your STACK! = Subtle Posterior Pelvic Tilt + Your Exhale...
- Pelvic TUCK (Un-arch lower back) - EXHALE (Specific to your build)/REACH (Keep shoulders off the floor. NO NECK!) - 3-5 sec pause (HOLD your breath/can you feel the slight ab tension?) - INHALE with that ab tension!
Practice: Inhale with ab tension. Exhale & Reach x 10 full breaths. Now…Let’s MOVE!
Strength Circuit: 15- 30-minute running clock... As many rounds as possible in allotted time. Rest as/when necessary. STOP if it HURTS!
1) Hip Lift ISO Hold: - Press feet into ground - Pelvic TUCK - Push the ground away and lift hips/lower back off and up until you feel your legs working - Hold position and breathe there - 5-7 breaths
2) Kneeling Push Ups:
- Chair positioned safely
- Kneeling/Arms length away from chair/Tall through your upper body/neck
- Subtle tuck of your hips (back pockets to rear heels)/Feet relaxed
- EXHALE: Push yourself away from chair and reach (NO SHRUGGING!)
- While HOLDING YOUR BREATH: Lower yourself towards chair and back(comfortably)
- Repeat: 8-12 reps
3) Inverted Backwards Walkout:
- Bend knees as necessary
- EXHALE: walk feet backwards 1/2 way (Stay Inverted!)
- INHALE: push floor away with shoulders and arms (DON’T collapse!) - EXHALE: walk feet back in (Stay Inverted!)
- 6-8 reps
4) Toe Touch to Squat:
- EXHALE: toe touch (knees straight as possible) - INHALE: squat (as low as comfortably possible) - Stand up (hips first!) - 8 reps
5) Dead-bug Straight Leg:
- Pelvic TUCK - EXHALE: bring opposite elbow/knee across midline as close together as possible and hold position - INHALE: bring knee to chest - EXHALE: straighten leg/heel touches floor (keep your TUCK!) - 10-12 reps/side
Work with what you can do...make note how many rounds you completed in allotted time. Gradually progress as you feel better...add reps/rounds. ENJOY getting stronger! ☄️CONDITIONING (https://youtu.be/2khYD0wmHXk) Cool down: EASY walk (DON’T count your steps please!) TRY THIS! Let me know how you feel afterwards:) Dedicated to your health and longevity, Mike P.S. Curious and want to see if my training style a good fit for you? Email me for a Complimentary Assessment & 1 Free Orientation Session. No gimmicks, no pressure, just a discussion about you! I want to help you move better and feel stronger. Click here to learn more: https://www.longevitypersonalfitnessnj.com/assessment-sign-up If you know someone who would benefit from this newsletter, please feel free to forward them this email. Let's help others start to feel better and get back to doing the things they love to do! To sign up for my newsletter, please click here: https://www.longevitypersonalfitnessnj.com/newsletter