Finish the Year Feeling Mentally and Physically Strong
Enjoying the holiday season doesn't mean everything "healthy" has to be put on hold. At Longevity, we believe that those holiday moments of indulging are part of life. They are here to be enjoyed without judgment. You don't need to exercise more because of them. Instead, keep to your fitness routine and stay diligent in your self-care.
Make choices that help you to feel good within the month so that you can go into 2021 on a high note. Do things like drink more water (especially after every alcoholic drink you might have); get to sleep early on the nights when nothing is going on; say "no" to something when it's the healthier choice; take the stairs instead of the elevator; pause and take a couple of conscious, deep breaths when you feel like you've had enough.
Your longevity depends on these small everyday choices and your body doesn't care if it is a New Year or not. Stay the course and feel good. Let me help you. Wishing you a very happy holiday season.
And If you’re SERIOUS about making ongoing, lifestyle changes to keep you strong and able to do the things you want to do and love...then this circuit is for you. You want to MOVE BETTER and FEEL BETTER? Then you have to pay attention during your movement...to your BREATH and BODY.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Comfortable space.
- Maybe a mat.
- Maybe a cushion or pillow for behind your neck and/or knees.
- A book(2-4in thick)
Here’s what you’re gonna do:
Practice and Prep:
1) Exhale(LONG exaggerated sighing breath) x 5
2) Tuck(“un-arch low back”) x 10/direction
3) Tuck, Exhale, and Reach x 5
Strength Circuit: 15 - 30 minute running clock...
1) Hip Lift x 3-5 breaths
2) Birddog ISO Holds x 3-5 breaths/side
3) 1/2 Kneeling Reach x 3-5 breaths/side
4) Alt Shoulder Taps x 8/side
5) Toe Touch to Squat x 8/each
As many rounds as possible in allotted time. Rest as and when necessary. STOP if it HURTS!🛑
Cool down: Rockback x 5 breaths
Dedicated to your Health and Longevity,
Let me help you!
- Learn to breathe, pay attention to your body. Move and feel better.
- Get stronger. Become more physically capable to what you want to.
- Be able to expand and stretch from the inside out.
- Improve your awareness and coordination within your body.
- Have access to your body again to do the things you love most.